Last updated: May 25, 2016
In this policy, “personal information” means information about an identifiable natural person, like their name and birth date. This policy does not pertain to non-personal information, which is information that does not identify you. However, when we collect non-personal information that is associated with an identifiable individual, this information is then considered personal information and is subject to this policy.
1. INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
We collect the following kinds of information.
Information that you provide us directly:
- Your username, password and email address when you create an account. It is noteworthy that, for the time being, connecting to Chocolats Favoris can only be done through Facebook.
- The information you provide us to create your user profile (including your first and last name, photo and telephone number). This information enables us to help users find each other on Chocolats Favoris.
- The content you publish on the Service, including photos, comments and all other content (the “User Content”).
- Communication between Chocolats Favoris and you. This may include, for example, emails from us about the Service (account verification, Service feature modifications and updates, technical and security notices, etc.).
- We use third-party analytical tools to measure traffic and evaluate the Service’s usage trends. These tools collect information sent by your device or by our Service. This information helps us improve the quality of the Service. We collect and use this analytical information along with information from other users. Generally, it does not identify any particular user. However, as previously indicated, when we associate this non-personal information to an identifiable individual person, it becomes personal information.
Information about Chocolats Favoris accounts:
- We collect information about your activities on the Service, as well as about your in-store purchases.
- When you use a mobile device, such as a tablet or a cellphone, to access our Service, we can proceed to collect, control, or store one or more “device identifiers” on your device, or remotely store them. Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures that are stored on, or associated with, your mobile device so that it may be uniquely identified. A device identifier may be composed of data stored relating to the device’s physical characteristics, its operating system and its various software, as well as information sent to the device by Chocolats Favoris.
- Device identifiers can communicate information to Chocolats Favoris about how you browse and use the Service and can help Chocolats Favoris to provide personalized reports and content.
- Metadata is generally the technical data associated with the User Content. It describes how User Content has been collected and formatted, at what time, and by whom.
2. USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- To help you efficiently access your personal information after logging in;
- To store your personal information to prevent you from having to retype them during your visit or future visits to the Service;
- To provide you, as well as third parties, with personalized content and information, which may include online advertising an other kinds of marketing;
- To ensure, improve, test and control our Service’s efficiency;
- To develop and test new products and features;
- To monitor different indicators (including the total number of visitors, traffic and demographics);
- To diagnose or resolve technical problems;
- To automatically update the Chocolats Favoris application on your device;
- To create and manage any loyalty program implemented by Chocolats Favoris or third parties mandated by Chocolats Favoris for this purpose, which may include verifying your eligibility for such a program;
- To perform market studies;
- To organize contests, challenges and special offers as well as other activities and special events (the “Events”) on the Service.
- To promote and advertise the Service or your participation in an Event on any platform or through any media, including in any Chocolats Favoris store location.
When a user creates a Chocolats Favoris account using the application, the user can choose to receive push notifications from Chocolats Favoris on their device and in the application. This could be promotional communication, selection of the week and system messages pushed to the device or into the application’s inbox (“push notifications”). After downloading the application, the user can choose, at any time, to no longer receive push notifications by disabling the Chocolats Favoris notifications in the application settings according to their type, or in the device settings under “Notifications” to no longer receive push notifications at all. Choosing to no longer receive push notifications will not affect the user settings regarding email communications.
Scenario in the event of change in ownership:
- We can access, retain and share your personal information in response to a legal request (search warrant, court order or otherwise) if we believe, in good faith, that the law requires it. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of Quebec and of Canada, when we have every reason to believe that the response is required by that particular jurisdiction’s law, that it applies to users from that jurisdiction and that it complies with internationally-recognized standards. We can also access, retain and communicate your personal information, when we believe it is necessary to detect and prevent fraud or any other illicit activity, to protect your interests, our own or those of others, and to prevent imminent bodily harm.We can access, handle and retain your personal informationfor an extended period in order to comply with a legal request, a government investigation or inquiry concerning a possible violation of our conditions or policies, or in order to prevent any damage.
Storage and handling:
- Personal information collected through the Service is stored, consulted, used or handled in Canada. Unless there is a legal or regulatory obligation to retain such personal information in Canada, it may also be stored, consulted, used or handled outside of Canada.
- Chocolats Favoris may transfer information about you abroad, including your personal information, from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions anywhere in the world. If you reside within the European Union or in another region whose laws on the collection and use of information differ from those in Canada, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country or jurisdiction whose privacy laws may differ from those in your own jurisdiction.
- We take reasonable protective measures to ensure the security of the information collected through the Service. However, Chocolats Favoris cannot ensure the security of the personal information that you share with us or guarantee the protection of information published on the Service against access, disclosure, modification and destruction.
- You are responsible to maintain the confidentiality of your unique password and your account information, as well as control access to emails between you and Chocolats Favoris, at all times. Confidentiality may also be affected by changes to the social network services you use to connect to Chocolats Favoris. We are not responsible for other organizations’ functionalities, confidentiality and security measures.
- We actively retain personal information for the duration required for our relationship and for a certain period afterward in order to enable us to answer questions or according to what is required by applicable law. After this period, personal information is destroyed after a certain time according to our information conservation policy or the law.
- You may view most of the personal information we have about you by accessing your Chocolats Favoris account.
- In the event any personal information cannot be viewed from your account, Chocolats Favoris allows it to be viewed and changed according to applicable laws, and undertakes to provide it to you within a reasonable time.You must provide proof of your identity in order for your personal information to be provided to you. If costs are incurred to recover or transmit the information you have requested, we will notify you of the costs for which you will be responsible and will proceed only with your authorization.
- We have a policy to respond to consultation requests as required by applicable law. In some cases, Chocolats Favoris may refuse personal information consultation requests, particularly when the information requested could reveal confidential or personal information about another person, or when a legal or regulatory requirement prohibits their consultation or allows us to prohibit it.